Moss Utilities Fleet Department plays a critical role in helping the Company achieve its goals. As a direct service provider to the Operations Team, the Fleet Department is responsible for ensuring all Company owned and rental equipment and vehicles are in good, operable condition every day. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic position is ultimately tasked with providing high quality repairs and service on Company owned equipment.
- Perform diagnostic tasks in order to properly source parts and accurately repair heavy equipment.
- Perform field and shop repairs on heavy equipment as directed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on heavy equipment in the field and shop as directed.
- Consult Shop Supervisor with diagnosis of repairs.
- Maintain appearance and operation of Company’s service truck.
- Complete all paperwork as necessary, including but not limited to work orders, parts requests, time cards, logs, pre-trip/post-trip inspections, etc.
- Work safely at all times, in accordance with Company, Customer and Vendor policies/procedures.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as business needs necessitate.
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, laptop computers, diagnostic software.
- Must be able to obtain or currently possess adequate tooling to perform all assigned duties.
- High level of attention to detail.
- General knowledge of heavy earthmoving equipment operations, systems and components (engines, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, etc.), repair methods, common issues, etc.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Experience with heavy equipment and heavy duty truck diagnostic software (e.g.: Caterpillar ET, Cummins INSITE) strongly preferred.
- Conduct work professionally and without confrontation.
- Written and oral communication must be professional and effective.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work, required overtime and on-call.
- Proof of high school diploma or GED.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol screening and background check.