The Moss Utilities Operations Team is responsible for the revenue generating activities of the Company. The Heavy Haul Driver plays the critical role of mobilizing equipment to and from job sites to allow the Operations Team to meet productivity and schedule goals. The Heavy Haul Truck Driver reports directly to the Dispatcher.
- Safely load, transport and unload heavy equipment including excavators, wheel loaders, track loaders, etc.
- Perform safe and efficient load securement per DOT regulations.
- Connect/Disconnect flip axles, jeep and booster axles as necessary for the loads and in order to comply with weight laws. Company has 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 axle truck/trailer configurations.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections.
- Perform monthly vehicle inspections and inventory.
- Maintain accurate log records in ELD’s or paper logs as required.
- Comply with all DOT regulations and laws.
- Maintain assigned company truck and trailer in a professional condition.
- Work safely at all times, in accordance with Company and Customer policies/procedures.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as business needs necessitate. If necessary, the driver may be dispatched in an end dump to perform other tasks.
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must possess a current medical examination card.
- Must have at minimum (2) years of relevant RGN/Lowboy trailer experience.
- Must have at minimum (2) years of relevant experience hauling oversize, overweight equipment/loads.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of equipment operation.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency/understanding with axle weight ratings, DOT laws, permitting, curfews, etc.
- Ability to conduct herself or himself with utmost professionalism.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).