J2 has an immediate opening for a Sewer and Water Utilities Superintendent. The Superintendent manages the daily site activities by ensuring the project is contracted in accordance with safety, design, budget, and schedule. This role will manage 1-3 crews on different job sites, strong leadership and management skills are a must.
- Know all aspects of the plans, specs, budget, and scope of work 2-3 weeks before job(s) starts. Responsible for asking any and all questions that will impact the plan you will create to start the project.
- Coordinate with PM to ensure all material is delivered and on time. Use the job estimate as a reference for how items were bid for material.
- Manage material budget vs actuals. Ensure crews are not being wasteful.
- Manage and direct multiple foremen, equipment, and subcontractors to meet production goals and ensure the operation is safe.
- Create plans and reports that will be used to update schedules. Create work plans/order of operation and a 2-week look ahead schedule with the foreman.
- Coordinate or delegate inspections for multiple crews on site.
- Schedule subcontractors to complete work as needed. Monitors subcontractor work to ensure work is complete per subcontractor agreement.
- Coordinate project staking.
- Responsible for creating and updating 811 locates.
- Review monthly billing quantity with external or internal team for accuracy.
- Manage manpower against budget man-hours.
- Set and meet production goals.
- Responsible for means and methods in order to meet or expedite project schedules within budget.
- Provide input for Project Schedule/Overall company work schedule.
- Inform Project Management of the need for change orders based on scope of work changes.
- Create systems for delegation/checks and balances for foreman to get the information you need to have a successful project(s).
- Responsible for holding field personnel to the J2 standard.
- Review Foreman daily reports for accuracy.
- Addresses staff performance issues as they occur.
- Maintains a safe working environment by identifying workplace hazards and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible for keeping a healthy working relationship with Inspectors, Municipalities, General Contractors, and Developers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to adapt or change as the company changes.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, reports, plans, specifications, and legal documents.
- OSHA 30 hour
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use an iPad, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel spreadsheets.
- J2 leadership is required to hunt arsonists instead of fight fires - be proactive.
- Ability to communicate and schedule project needs appropriately.
- Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of leadership, external vendors, and other business associates. Must clearly communicate directions and information. Speaks effectively before groups as well as individuals. Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Superintendent of Water and Sewer projects: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations